Thread: Bike Shed show 2016

NExt one I will be there visiting the headquerters!

could be.....

nothing confirmed as yet.

Regarding the lack of shed-built bikes, I'l be bringing it up with Dutch and Vikki next time I see them. I agree there should be more.

Quote Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
    could be.....

nothing confirmed as yet.

Regarding the lack of shed-built bikes, I'l be bringing it up with Dutch and Vikki next time I see them. I agree there should be more.
    Not so easy to define shed-built bikes these days though eh? There's a few 'pro-builders' I can think of that spend more time producing snazzy renders/logos and facebook status updates than they do in the workshop... then on the other hand, you've got the likes of our friend Unclerob bashing out a pro-build standard bike at a rate of one a fortnight!

What I think would be cool tho, is if the dock side parking area was reserved for pre-vetted custom/shed built bikes... an onerous task for whomever has to decide who's in or not, but it would essentially increase the size the show by..what..another 80 odd bikes??

Best show yet for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by sirhiggypop View Post
    Not so easy to define shed-built bikes these days though eh? There's a few 'pro-builders' I can think of that spend more time producing snazzy renders/logos and facebook status updates than they do in the workshop... then on the other hand, you've got the likes of our friend Unclerob bashing out a pro-build standard bike at a rate of one a fortnight!

What I think would be cool tho, is if the dock side parking area was reserved for pre-vetted custom/shed built bikes... an onerous task for whomever has to decide who's in or not, but it would essentially increase the size the show by..what..another 80 odd bikes??

Best show yet for sure.
    Some car show events have a prebooking system, whereby you email in an image or two and they decide who is in or not. Some organisers follow build threads on various forums as well...bona-fide builds would be welcomed. issue of pro vs shed will run and run....money spent and who did what all play a part as well.....it's a sticky issue fo'sho innit.

It's tricky ain't it 😕 the way I look at it if your selling a brand,t shirts, business cards ect then your putting yourself in pro builders eh . Our bikes are being displayed at kickback in August and you just have to send decent photos and they decide yay or nay.

This year I can honestly say that I've seen a Bike Shed Event not only as a visitor but also as a builder, after having the honour of showing my KLR to the masses. From the day the invite from Ross was received to returning the bike home Sunday evening, I was buzzin'.
    The crew I had dealings with were chilled (outwardly maybe !), friendly yet very efficient. Arriving Friday afternoon, there was still plenty to do from what I could see, but I was given the attention to have my bike placed correctly, leaving me to give her one final polish before heading home. I attended on Saturday with friends to take in the whole event, admire the bikes, have a beer and eat good food. Really enjoyed the atmosphere as always. More of the same Sunday until close of the event, before being given the all clear to collect the bike. Can't thank everyone involved enough.
    As for shed bike's v pro builds, yes I agree that this amazing event requires funding and this comes from the pro's and retailers etc and the ticket sales. After studying in detail most of the show bikes I am concerned slightly of the move away from our roots, bikes built from various parts or modified to give an individual look at no great cost, although that is relative. I can now see a trend towards pure custom bikes, so the balance between pure shed built and pro needs to be kept in check I believe.
    Just my observation... love the event, will continue to support everyone involved and remain a paid up member. Cheers.
    Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular.

Quote Originally Posted by emsee View Post
    This year I can honestly say that I've seen a Bike Shed Event not only as a visitor but also as a builder, after having the honour of showing my KLR to the masses. From the day the invite from Ross was received to returning the bike home Sunday evening, I was buzzin'.
    The crew I had dealings with were chilled (outwardly maybe !), friendly yet very efficient. Arriving Friday afternoon, there was still plenty to do from what I could see, but I was given the attention to have my bike placed correctly, leaving me to give her one final polish before heading home. I attended on Saturday with friends to take in the whole event, admire the bikes, have a beer and eat good food. Really enjoyed the atmosphere as always. More of the same Sunday until close of the event, before being given the all clear to collect the bike. Can't thank everyone involved enough.
    As for shed bike's v pro builds, yes I agree that this amazing event requires funding and this comes from the pro's and retailers etc and the ticket sales. After studying in detail most of the show bikes I am concerned slightly of the move away from our roots, bikes built from various parts or modified to give an individual look at no great cost, although that is relative. I can now see a trend towards pure custom bikes, so the balance between pure shed built and pro needs to be kept in check I believe.
    Just my observation... love the event, will continue to support everyone involved and remain a paid up member. Cheers.
    Nicely stated.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mr García View Post
    NExt one I will be there visiting the headquerters!
    Yeah me too man
    Honda CBR600F-X (1999)
    Yamaha YBR125 (2005)

Thanks for yet another great show. After a few visits over the years the quality of bikes here has finally made me make the move from concentrating on my 4 wheel projects and building myself the bike of my dreams.

13237696_1105089152846115_2544215515460202950_n.jpg
    13263675_1105086256179738_2860417009388756036_n.jpg
    13263680_1105274839494213_7055652683743899657_n.jpg
    13263813_1105377739483923_3361762264662746005_n.jpg
    13310327_1105086239513073_7914364162510264504_n.jpg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123