Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

petes cg 125 - The Bikeshed Forums

Thread: petes cg 125

petes cg 125

Well after the cj 250 was finished....eventually, it left me with an itch that needed scratching and I found myself looking for a new project. My Mrs had expressed her interest in doing her cbt so it seemed natural to look for a 125 and me being a Honda man it could only be a cg125. So after a few days looking on eBay a cg popped up for the right money 250 quid and another 100 to deliver it from west Wales, bang on the money as it's abit of a shitter but it all works apart from the indicators but hey who gives a fuck most of its going in the bin 😄 including that tank that I have already got a replacement for.

The new tank was another eBay bargain I believe it is off a cb 125. The tank is in great shape inside and out . The only thing I hated about it was the flapping petrol cap thing so that was cut out with a plate being welded into the recess and a longer filler neck to fit this lovely brass cap I've been saving.

Yeah... another CG! I'll be keeping an eye on this one.

http://www.frost.co.uk/plus-gas-dism...ray-220ml.html

Watch out for those mudguard bolts... Good luck!

Nice - how did you get a running bike for £250 off of fleabay? I keep a look out on there but rarely see anything go for less than £500!

It takes time and luck I think mate. I had missed out on a Yamaha in the morning and kept on searching through eBay and this one literally popped up in front of me so I rang the guy straight away and done the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by bowlie View Post
    Nice - how did you get a running bike for £250 off of fleabay? I keep a look out on there but rarely see anything go for less than £500!
    Search for what you want but filter for 'newly listed' and check the 'buy it now' tab. You'll get new stuff and be able to snap it up without having to fight off bids. Snagged my MIG welder for less than a ton that way.

Petezz - nice looking project, CGs seem to be very popular....great it's for your missus as well :-)

Well that's what I told her anyway 😜😄 I just wanted a good solid reliable cheap 125 and I don't think you can go far wrong with the cg eh! When we were out in Bali they seemed to be bike to have out there and the teenagers were doing some really cool stuff with them! Just a question as I know there is a few out there doing cgs at the moment, is there much difficulty in running a straight filter on um?

No problem running a filter on them, just make sure it's a decent one (genuine K+N) and jet it right. In fact there are a few easy things to do to pep the little CG up.

Cheers blue dog 59 that's what I thought👍 not much progress this week, I've ordered some handle bars so I can get the tank mounted in the right position as the front mounts need to be modified. Also started on the rear loop, we get some packing crates at work that have steel loops as legs so iv set about cutting one up to fit. I know I can just go
    and buy one ready done but where's the fun in that!

Just need to put abit more weld in to restore the shape abit as the loop was about an inch to wide so I had to cut and join it in the middle.
     photo IMAG1209_zpso1mpl4yg.jpg

I'm using the bit of sub frame I cut off as a jig 👍

Having a go at making a rear mud guard out of an old trailerold fender.

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast