Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
petes cg 125 - Page 17 - The Bikeshed Forums

Thread: petes cg 125

Well here it is chaps it runs first kick and all!
    It's definitely gonna need to go up a few sizes on the main jet bluedog you were spot on mate! It don't pick up very well but when it's going it's a treat to ride 😃
    https://youtu.be/lvLZbR-mdsE

Sounds nice. Has a nice pop to it

Yeah that's bad fuelling for ya 😄

Quote Originally Posted by petezz View Post
    Yeah that's bad fuelling for ya 😄
    Ha! oh... Well I like the sound, maybe that's another reason for me to leave the re-jetting to a pro haha

Good job with the idiot lights! I think im gonna go that route to avoid spending close to £50 extra on a mph speedo with lights! Maybe something like this http://www.shop.modernmotorcyclecomp...-light-cluster (dont know how they can charge $70 for a metal bracket with a few LEDs in it). Did you need to use resistors because you were replacing filament bulbs in the loom?
    Also looking forward to seeing you wrap the seat, I need to do some learning before it comes to the time to do mine.
    And congrats on getting it started, that exhaust sounds nice!

There's not need for you to pay a pro to sort it for you, re jetting what is actually a very basic carb on a softly tuned engine is simple.
    There are 4 items that you will use to ( broadly speaking, they all overlap a little) control the 4 quarters of throttle turn.
    Airscrew, 1st 1/4
    pilot jet, 2nd 1/4
    needle, 3rd 1/4
    main jet. last 1/4
    I'll not go through it all now, too long, but a quick Google will find it. I would suggest that as a starting point make sure the carb and everything in it are clean and set up exactly as per the manual but with a main jet 10% bigger than standard. 125 mj to 137.5 mj.
    Make sure you get a jet a jet of EXACTLY the same type/style
    Fit the carb without the filter, back off the tickover screw so the slide rest on the base of the venturi. Adjust the cable so there is only a couple of degrees of throttle before the slide starts to move. Tighten tickover screw so it will not fall out but does not cause the slide to move. Test that the throttle snaps shut without help in any handlebar position. IF IT DOESN'T, SORT IT !! (cable route/condition/lubrication, muck between twistgrip and handle bar ?).
    Refit filter.
    Start/ride bike and adjust carb as per Google research. Do this somewhere away from traffic where you have plenty of space and can concentrate on how it's running without running over Granny pushing the pram and walking the orphaned puppies.
    Always have the filter in place while running/testing.
    NB: Airscrew between slide and cylinder head ? Out from std is more fuel
    Airscrew between slide and air filter ? In from std is more fuel.
    Get back if you need any more.

Cheers mate👍 I took the jet out this morning it's running a 95 so I've bought a 105 and 110 and see how we get on eh it only has one adjustment screw on the kick start side.

Quote Originally Posted by averagejoseph View Post
    Good job with the idiot lights! I think im gonna go that route to avoid spending close to £50 extra on a mph speedo with lights! Maybe something like this http://www.shop.modernmotorcyclecomp...-light-cluster (dont know how they can charge $70 for a metal bracket with a few LEDs in it). Did you need to use resistors because you were replacing filament bulbs in the loom?
    Also looking forward to seeing you wrap the seat, I need to do some learning before it comes to the time to do mine.
    And congrats on getting it started, that exhaust sounds nice!
    Cheers mate it came out alright eh probably cost me about 15 quid to make it . The l.E.D lights came pre wired with resistors built in. The only modification I had to make was to add diodes to isolate the two sides of the indicator circuit. Then I went maplins and got a small project box to squeeze it all in.

[QUOTE=petezz;29009]Cheers mate👍 I took the jet out this morning it's running a 95 so I've bought a 105 and 110 and see how we get on eh it only has one adjustment screw on the kick start side.

Have another look, there should be a tickover screw (roughly in line with the slide and another on (maybe on the other side) that sits almost flush in the carb body, the air screw. A normal, base setting for the air screw is about 2 turns out from LIGHTLY seated. If you need to turn it more than about 1.5/ 2 turns either way from standard, you need to look at getting a bigger/smaller pilot jet.
    I would start with the 110 mj as it's always better to start rich and come down. You may need bigger still but 110 should be a good start.
    Make sure the ignition and valve timing is spot on and the tappets are set before you start all this.

Had another look and this is the only screw apart from the one that holds the choke lever on.

It ticks over lovely to be fair and chugs along ok too it's just the pick up in between that's not so good

£15 is a great saving on the speedos w/ lights! where did you get the leds from?

Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast