Thread: 1983 Honda CB125 Cafe Racer Build!

Nice. battery box idea sounds like a goer.

Quote Originally Posted by green199 View Post
    That's a nice start. There are lots of small capacity builds on here so I'm sure you will be able to find any information you need! Quite a few builds by us youngens on here now too! haha

What are your general plans for it?
    The plan is a cafe racer but I've got something very interesting planned for the seat hump. A lot of work but will be worth it when it's done.

Quote Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
    Nice. battery box idea sounds like a goer.
    Yeah thanks, I'm thinking the aluminium will keep weight down and I can rivit it together. Or could buy some thin steel sheet and make one from that so it can be welded.

Those ally soakers are very thin! Might not stand up to the vibration of a motorcycle?
    Just my 2 cents worth....

Quote Originally Posted by mhbsmark View Post
    Those ally soakers are very thin! Might not stand up to the vibration of a motorcycle?
    Just my 2 cents worth....
    Yeah the more I think about it the more I'm thinking I should use steel, besides it gives me a chance to play with my mates mig welder.

Rulers, hacksaws and tin-snips are sooo last year.
    In case it's of interest, the (free) eMachine Shop software has a sheet metal box template, so you could enter your required dimensions, export the design as a DXF file and get LaserMaster to laser cut it for you.
    Then all you've got to do is fold it and weld it.
    Box.jpg
    Last edited by chico-lanzerote; 13th-01-2017 at 03:55 AM.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.

If you ask them nicely Lasermaster will also weld it for and do a jolly good job of it...

Quote Originally Posted by chico-lanzerote View Post
    In case it's of interest, the (free) eMachine Shop software has a sheet metal box template, so you could enter your required dimensions, export the design as a DXF file and get LaserMaster to laser cut it for you.
    Box.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by chico-lanzerote View Post
    Box.jpg
    \

nah im going to do it the old fashioned way with a cardboard template, hacksaw and my mig welder, probabbly won't look as good but ill have the satisfaction of doing it myself.

Good for you Mr. NightRider.
    Nothing beats that satisfaction.... until you realise that someone who knows what they're doing could do it soooo much better!
    Just kidding... crack on buddy!

Well I've ordered some steel to make my frame hoop thing, yeah making that myself aswell 😂 Also ordered some new bearing cups for £20 so that's cool. I've also managed to get my frame sand blasted and powder coated for around £25 so I'm well happy.

Quote Originally Posted by mhbsmark View Post
    Good for you Mr. NightRider.
    Nothing beats that satisfaction.... until you realise that someone who knows what they're doing could do it soooo much better!
    Just kidding... crack on buddy!
    Ha thanks will do.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast