Thread: Benly bob

I like it, something a bit different.
    Everything else black, spokes, hubs,engine, paintwork with all stainless bolts and a gold chain.
    A pastel blue could look good for the paint but that would leave you with what colour for the rest.
    Time to do loads of photocopies of a bike the same shape and get the felt tips out (old school style ).

Well...a fella on here (I think?) painted his frame cappucino and it came out real sweet. Hold your nerve and throw lots n lots of shiny black stuff on it...then stand back and see

Resist adding any more caramel to anything I reckon.

BTW It'd be nice to see the actual colour.

Cheers hondabrat, twas i that did the cafe latte last time which was a really nice colour, this caramel is a bit more intense but i think it will end up looking just as nice.... Ive prepared the tank and used white primer as im thinking of a gloss white tank with white metalflake will compliment the caramel and black.
    Im going to Anglia-wheels in halstead on wednesday to see mark about making my wheels up, the hubs are powdercoated gloss black so if he can lace them up with black spokes and put the firestones on i think this colour sceme will really pull together. DSCN2026.jpgDSCN2027.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by wisp View Post
    Cheers hondabrat, twas i that did the cafe latte last time which was a really nice colour, this caramel is a bit more intense but i think it will end up looking just as nice.... Ive prepared the tank and used white primer as im thinking of a gloss white tank with white metalflake will compliment the caramel and black.
    Im going to Anglia-wheels in halstead on wednesday to see mark about making my wheels up, the hubs are powdercoated gloss black so if he can lace them up with black spokes and put the firestones on i think this colour sceme will really pull together. DSCN2026.jpgDSCN2027.jpg
    So whitewalls could be in the mix?

Quote Originally Posted by hondabrat550 View Post
    So whitewalls could be in the mix?
    White walls would definitely help bringing things together. Would give it a nice 50's yankee hot-rod rock n roll vibe ;-)

maybe a nice pin-up artwork on tank ;-)

or a bit of script handpainted in red.

Really nice ideas lads, I did look into white walls but the only ones i found in a 19' were maxxis and that was only a front tyre, the rear is a 16', i did think about putting a front on the rear but decided against it. So these are the tyres that i will use and will still give it a vintage look if not that bit of gangster the white walls give.
    I visited Mark at Anglia-wheels and he laced my rims and hubs up nicely, I think with the black spokes and hubs with the caramel rims look really killer. now just got to put the tyres on and then i can sort the drum brakes and fit the wheels back on the frame.
    Ive stripped the forks totally down and cleaned them out and refilled with new castrol 10w fork oil and then rubbed them down and painted them satin black and added gaiters and now they work perfectly,no leaks and great damping so thats another thing sorted. DSCN2045.jpgDSCN2047.jpgDSCN2041.jpg

DSCN2084.jpgDSCN2087.jpgDSCN2088.jpgDSCN2089.jpg Ive been rather busy,Got the tyres put on the rims, fitted the forks and put the wheels on, i will need to remove them because i have to put the brakes on but just wanted to see how it all looks and i think its looking pretty sweet. I'm not worried about the caramel colour now lots of other bits are going on it's all coming together. I fitted the powdercoated headlight and the clip-ons and levers, i'm glad i went for clip-ons it gives it that racer feel. Ive rebuilt the engine with new cam-chain, piston rings, valve stem seals, full gasket set and new seals, ive just got to adjust the valves then i can paint the engine.

This is going to be a stand out bike that's fo'sho innit

Finished the engine today. I had stripped and cleaned it earlier, So i totally rebuilt it the last 2 days changing the cam chain, piston rings, new gaskets, valve stem seals, all the oil seals, done the valve seats and the valve clearances and new iridium plugs and castrol oil. The engine ran fine but had 20k on the clock so this should make her like new again. All genuine Honda parts from the old mate David Silver Spares.
    I had the cylinder head cover powder coated caramel at the same time as the frame/rims and ive pinstriped it a bit to brake up the caramel colour. Ive used simoniz vht matt black on the block which went on beautifully. Last time on the CX500 build i used Simoniz engine enamel but this isnt very petrol resistance which i found out when removing the carbs to rejet so i'm trying this vht paint to see how it goes.
    so i'll chuck it in the frame another day and thats another big job done.DSCN2101.jpgDSCN2102.jpgDSCN1901.jpg
    Last edited by wisp; 10th-09-2017 at 02:58 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123