Thread: Benly bob

Benly bob

DSCN1858.jpgDSCN1860.jpgDSCN1864.jpgDSCN1866.jpg
    Just bought a Honda CD125TC Benly for the next project, woop! woop! well excited.

No keys , starter motors off for what ever reason, so only flintstone style at the moment getting the wife to push me up and down the road.
    But i will sort it out.

Gotta love that rear mudguard
    Is it from a Massey Fergusson?? LOL
    If you don't learn from your mistakes then they are just mistakes

Yeah them mudguards are massive, you could ride through a lake and come out bone dry lol.
    They weigh an absolute ton too, and they're mint no dents so they will be sold. No muddies on my builds!

Looking at the size of those bad boys they'll probably worth more if you weigh them in for scrap
    If you don't learn from your mistakes then they are just mistakes

Put the starter back on and fitted a new ignition. Checked it had oil, hooked up a bottle of fresh petrol and it started 2nd or 3rd time and now idles great and revs up nicely no exhausts so very loud. Put it on the centre stand and ran it for 10-15mins going through all 4 gears nicely, i checked for any funny engine noises but nothing so all is working great mechanically and electricly . i'm going to strip the top end off the engine anyway and have a look, i'm hoping for a simple honing,new rings,cam chain,gaskets and do the valves then new service etc. DSCN1872.jpgDSCN1873.jpg So began the strip down. Half of the stuff im not going to use so will sell on eBay, i'm going to use the tank as its very clean inside and the outside has no dents. The mudguards and side covers are great to so should fetch a couple of bob. DSCN1877.jpg So totally stripped down.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The spoke wheels are rusty and skinny, so i think i'm going to get a new set made up which will probably be half the builds budget. The originals are 17' wheels, i'm thinking of putting on 15' spoke rims using the original hubs and put on 400x15 excelsior tyresexcelsior-bias.jpg or 16' spoked wheels with 350x16 firestone tyresFirestone-motorcycle.jpg i think the firestone tread pattern looks better but tyres are much dearer, clearance from the thick walled tyres is a issue with room between the swingarm thats why i'm thinking of going to 15' rims. , basicly 15' rims with 400x15 excelsior tyres are the overall same size as the original wheels. ( smaller rims + taller tyres)
    I'd like your opinion if you have one on this not sure if 15' is to small looking

Running with no pipes for 10 minutes? I bet that was popular.

Scrapped the 15' or 16' idea as they will look to small and still cost 600 quid.
    ive got a pair of 19 x 1.85 rims so ive offered them up in the picture and think i'll go down that route with some firestone 3.25 x 19 s .I think clearance may be an issue with hitting the back of the swingarm so i might have to extend the swingarm be 60mm . i think i'll raise the back by getting longer shocks probably 60mm too to get the frame line straight. DSCN1886.jpgDSCN1895.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast