Thread: Photobucket problem - Photos have disappeared !

Photobucket problem - Photos have disappeared !

Anyone else having a problem with Photobucket ?

All my pics on threads seem to have disappeared & been replaced with a message to upgrade my account !

Is there a way to upload pics direct from my phone directly to a thread ?

Thanks in advance for any help !

Hmm. Not a problem I'm having. I'll take a look and see if I can see an issue.

It could be a photobucket problem though....

Here's the deal - Photobucket have ceased to allow thirdparty image sharing to forums/web/etc. They are asking $400 to upgrade an existing free account. They didn't give any notice and implemented the change immediately.

I have over 10 year's worth of images posted on VW forums and now biker forums as well. Documented, stage progress with lots of image links...all gone!!

I don't have the time, energy or inclination to upload all images to another hosting site and then refresh links on every single post....fuck it.

I understand the commercial need to maintain revenues but, to introduce this with little or no notice and not to offer existing links remain live and ongoing membership to be chargeable, fair enough, otherwise fuckem.

I'm now using IMGUR.com and would pay a small amount to ensure my images/links are maintained.

I'd like to know what forum owners think about this sudden, some say ransom, demands and cessation of links.

PB info links :

http://photobucket.com/pricing

http://blog.photobucket.com/please-r...s-photobucket/

All my photos have vanished off forums too, apparently photobucket will put them back up if I give them money and since I seriously object to suddenly being held to ransom they can go fuck themselves! I'm now deleting all photos from my photobucket account.
    Does anyone know of a decent free picture hosting service to use?

I've just ressurected my old flickr account so lets see if this works-

https://flic.kr/p/DiJWbg

Damn that doesn't work the same

DSCN2435.jpg

That works though-I never realised we could upload straight to this forum

How did you upload this pic dave ?

Simple speak please as i am a complete technophobe !

I'm doing this on my desktop PC and what I'm seeing above the little reply box are a row of smaller boxes with font, size, smileys and the like, in the far right box the third icon in from the right if you hover the cursor over it it says insert image so I clicked on that and added that photo of the Triumph in there. I know bugger all aabout computers too so if I can do it anyone can, it might look different if you're using a phone though.
    BTW It's not my Triumph it's just one that I spotted parked outside the Museum of Power in Maldon, Essex last weekend, it looked gorgeous though

Bastards.

I've always just uploaded direct from my PC. Works a treat.

Photo0677.jpg

Thanks dave !

Worked a treat & a lot quicker than using photobucket.
    Last edited by gaz; 17th-07-2017 at 07:29 PM.

That looks an interesting project Gaz, what is it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast