Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
CG125 seats from the internet - The Bikeshed Forums

Thread: CG125 seats from the internet

CG125 seats from the internet

hello,

id like to buy a thinner seat (brat style) from the internet, maybe from ali express :-0

does anyone have any experience doing this? thanks

Yes, they are great value for money and very good quality in my experience..Either Aliexpress or eBay, just have a look how long the shipping takes some come by airmail some things by boat. Make sure you are good at making things fit too as they aren't always going to fit up snug to the tank etc

awesome wisp, thanks for the reply, can you recommend any vendors particularly? or have photos of aliexpress seats on bikes?

thx

I have used a couple but like I say they don't always bolt on straight forward a little fiddling about is often necessary. I've sold them bikes now so no pics just go on eBay and pick one that suits your style and have a measure up so it's as near to fitting as pos....

As Wisp stated, some aftermarket seats don't match the tank profile too well and the gap doesn't look good. To solve that issue, when I made my seat and then had it professionally upholstered I added a small flap to go some way to covering the gap/profile. It came out quite well I think?

Maybe something you could add as well?

IMG_6024.jpgIMG_6025.jpgIMG_6026.jpg

just got it, pretty pleased with the fit, the quality is decent, at least the pan and foam seem pretty resistant, i could always recover later.... i cant do much more stripping down of the bike, live in switzerland, super rigorous MOT, inspection, etc.

Good choice, looks great !