Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Honda CBX550 - Brat on a budget! - Page 42 - The Bikeshed Forums

Thread: Honda CBX550 - Brat on a budget!

My daughter and her boyfriend stayed for the weekend, so a trip out on the bikes was too good to turn down.
    Sunshine day and my little ray of sunshine made for a great day out.

Popped by the local biker cafe which left a few scratchin' their heads trying to make out WTF my bike is all about. Old boys spot the 400/4 tank and maybe recognise the CBX brakes.....I enjoy the intrigue and chat.

Later, outside the COSTA coffee shop.

Keep on bikin'
    Last edited by hondabrat550; 23rd-10-2016 at 05:06 PM.

Hey Hondabrat 500, I need to replace my master cylinder too!

did the fitment work out for you?

would you please give me a link as to where you bought the unit?

thanks, Sean
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sorry mate only just caught up on you thread and I must say I'm really impressed with your bike it looks fantastic and I'm loving the colour of the tank👍

Quote Originally Posted by customhead View Post
    Hey Hondabrat 500, I need to replace my master cylinder too!

did the fitment work out for you?

would you please give me a link as to where you bought the unit?

thanks, Sean
    Hi Sean, I was sceptical at first, but a call to DavidSilver spares and they assured me they sell quite a few with no complaints, so I thought why not?
    It a very good copy, so much so that the stock lid can be used. It has a slightly different finish to the stock paint, more matt and very slight rough finish but nothing too much to worry about, I'm not sure if the original levers will fit.
    The supplied lever has a different end shape, the bulbous bit is not as pronounced....only an issue is you're going concours.

Here's the link: http://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/C...2/part_287743/

The rear m/c was a generic £10 item on ebay which I had to make a bracket to fit.

Your CBX looks very clean, nice. Reminds me of how mine used to look haha.

Quote Originally Posted by petezz View Post
    Sorry mate only just caught up on you thread and I must say I'm really impressed with your bike it looks fantastic and I'm loving the colour of the tank👍
    Thanks Pete, really pleased with how it's turned out...can't wait for next Spring to get out on it more. Tank colur Ford Rio brown, Halfrauds rattlecan, same colour as the bug.

A fine day for a quick blast and found myself across the road from our place in the nature reserve for a couple of moody autumnal snaps.

Not done much recently, but I do have a few odd jobs to finish off.

Remove centre stand
    Clean and paint underside
    Fit number roundel/side panel
    Lower the headlight
    Lower the speedo
    Fit bar mirror
    Source/fit engine breather
    Decide how I want to finish the tank.....:/
    Last edited by hondabrat550; 26th-11-2016 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hondabrat550 View Post
    A fine day for a quick blast and found myself across the road from our place in the nature reserve for a couple of moody autumnal snaps.

Not done much recently, but I do have a few odd jobs to finish off.

Remove centre stand
    Clean and paint underside
    Fit number roundel/side panel
    Lower the headlight
    Lower the speedo
    Fit bar mirror
    Source/fit engine breather
    Decide how I want to finish the tank.....:/
    Hey mate it's looking great, well done mine has not been touched for six months but ready to go again now

Quote Originally Posted by wilco View Post
    Hey mate it's looking great, well done mine has not been touched for six months but ready to go again now
    Thank you Bilko. I've done sod all over the crimbo period, but do plan on turning my 'to do' list into my 'ta da' list anytime soon.

I might even take a ride out next Sunday to a local rent a garage event nr Oxford.

Well, Spring has sprung as they say and a run out on the old bike was on the cards. A local This Is Your Garage workshop rental outfit have a monthly breakfast meet, this month's was sponsored by Twisted Iron custom motorcycles.

Perfect, despite the clody weather and 25% chance of rain, we hardy biker types braved the percentages and I hooked up with my son on his Honda 400/4 brat to make it there before all the bacon butties disappeared.

I'll let the images do the talking

Spotted a clean bay on the lift.

This is his 400/4 Brat

Father & Son

Cheers, thanx for checking in

Nice to see these two bikes together.

Need to get some quality time in the shed myself, however........." that tree could do with cutting down......when are you going to paint those doors, etc......."

Quote Originally Posted by gaz View Post
    Nice to see these two bikes together.

Need to get some quality time in the shed myself, however........." that tree could do with cutting down......when are you going to paint those doors, etc......."
    Believe me, I haven't been able to find the time I want recently due to my time being employed elsewhere as well :/ It's on the road but still needs detailed finishing...tank decals, side panel roundel, possibly a small roundel deflector fairing....but riding it is high on the list as well :-)

Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3240414243 LastLast