Thread: Petes cj250

After seeing dutch on the motorcycle show useing the words "built not bought" it struck a cord with me maybe thats whats been missing from my motorcyling world! I have been rideing bikes for a while now and every time i got one i could not resist the urge to modify it in some way but was never satisfied. so a few hints to the mrs and she bought me this red rusty and stinking of stale petrol cj 250t for £137 as my chrismas present......and so the strip down and rebuild begins

Wow Pete, that's a proper basket case, is it a runner?
    That will certainly keep you busy in your man-cave for a while

Best of luck

Stay lucky

Ali

nice build, love the fork gaiters wish i thought of that, nice touch

CJ250T = most popular donor bike at moment :-)

ps. see you still have not got to grips with posting pics !!!!!!!

oh balls i give up done to the letter what you said and im on my laptop doing this and it just comes out as lettes and numbers! i give up

Cheers cappo Your a legend

You're welcome. Nice build, btw!

Hey Nice bike!

Is it two stroke or four?

Wich rear shocks did you use?

Thanks

Hi ya its a four stroke mate and the rear shocksc are of a honda cl350

To be honest, I think the more of a basket case a bike is, the better. Within reason, of course.

It seems a shame to cut up a perfectly good stock example of something. It may be more of a pertinent issue with older classics (people bobbing a mint condition '60s Bonneville for example). But I think if you have the required skill set then rescuing a bike that otherwise would likely end up being split for spares at best, is the way to go.

Good work, Mrs Petezz!

Really depends on which model

the cj is not a desirable model, and restoration costs out weigh the final value, so the only way forward for the cj is cafe :-)

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast