Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Petes cj250 - Page 23 - The Bikeshed Forums

Thread: Petes cj250

There was a bracket welded to the pipe and it just tore off basically.

Well shit... Haha. Not much to do about that then...

Welder out and patched it up job done 👍

Had few issues on the back end with wheel clearance and the aluminium splitting due to vibration so my plan is to redesign the seat unit over winter but I've got started already...

Still got lots more shaping to do but it's getting there.

Bit more progress on the seat unit. You can't really see but I've tapered the front end of the seat to follow the frame shape. Also in the plans is a front half fairing so fabrication has started on a mounting bracket.

Nice big box arrived at work 😁

Got a chance to look at the headlight bracket last night turns out I underestimated the size of the light so had to cut the brace to fit but this gives me some idea of how I'm going to fit the rest the brackets.

Good work on the seat unit, and i was not expecting a fairing! I'm sure itll look great

Just a quick question, what handlebars did you use on this build? Are they low rise bars mounted upside down?

Yeah as a kid my dad would take me to our local track (Mallory Park) to watch the classic race bikes and I've always liked the look of the old fairings so I'm going for it 😄 your correct about the handle bars mate they are just the original bars flipped over with a fresh coat of nickel, however the new fairing requires low down clipons which are on order.

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast