Thread: my new 1980 CB250 (build thread)

Well there I was on Saturday, keeping an eye on a few watched items on eBay. And I accidentally bought a bike. Opps.

Its a 1980 CB250 which I got for £381. It looks in pretty good nick apart from a broken clutch lever and left indicator where it fell off it's stand. Usual levels of tarnishing and rust you'd expect from a 34 year old commuter.

Not entirely sure what the plan is yet. I'll probably take a bit of time looking over what other people have done and pull together a few of my favourite features. I do like the look of the RS125 USD forks that Old Empire did on the Vulcan bike so a set of those may well fine their way on.

apart from that, I'll go to a couple of auto jumbles and see what interesting bits and pieces I can pick up.

This is certainly not going to be a particularly quick build as I have also been roped into building new bathroom units and a Walnut bed by the Missus. And I can't see her being too happy if I get nuts deep in degreaser before they're finished. But I'll certainly start taking it apart and maybe start collecting new bits and bobs.

Collecting next weekend when I'll post a few more pics.

Nothing beats a gold ol' Ebay impulse buy. I'm pretty sure I had this bike on my watch list. It'll be interesting to see what you do to it.

Sweet! She doesn't look too bad as a starting point! Ill be watching this!

That looks ripe for tearing into

I've got about 4 sets of RS125 forks knocking about the garage if you would like a set? I won about 8 pairs for 99p from someone retiring from the Supeteen championship last year. No yokes but if a pair is of any use you can have them. I've not had a chance to assess their well being but they would fine for mockup at least.

Hi Brunel, I'd be interested in a set of those, I was looking for some on ebay the other day, but resisted the temptation.

Cheers Isumbard (or is that Mark?), I'd love a set.

I was planning on getting a set of yokes machined up anyway, so a lack of them isn't really an issue.

Cool, I do pop up to Flitwick every so often. If you're not in a huge hurry I can let you know next time I'm up that way. Else I'm in the Harrow area.

Carlo - sure thing. I'll get them out the garage when I get home and find the best sets. Where abouts are you?

Cheers Brunel, I'm in Hertford.

Ok, cool. Well I'm in the Harrow area, so happy to post out at cost or you can collect. If I use Hermes it would likely be about £8. Or if I'm up that way I'll let you know.

Whatever works

Brunel, I would also be interested in a set of them if they are spare..how much would you take for a set?

Page 1 of 83 1231151 ... LastLast