CLUB MEMBERSHIP MANAGER - BSMC LA
By Dutch van Someren - 17 Sep 21
BSMC Member's Club & Experience Manager, Los Angeles
The BSMC Membership Club & Experience Manager will be responsible for overseeing the smooth and efficient daily management of the Club Membership and Experience, ensuring a premium experience for both our established and new members by fostering a professional, accessible, and welcoming environment, reflective of the wider Bike Shed brand and business.
Exceptional organisational skills will be required to help build the membership and to plan, run and deliver an exciting calendar of members experiences.
You must have the ability to implement new system and procedures, whilst working with the established data base that is currently in place.
You must have a high level interpersonal skills and the ability to liaise with the our established members, founders, investors, and people of notoriety. You must have the ability to handle new membership enquiries in a polite, professional and enthusiastic manner, this must extend from email through to face to face meetings.
A key part of the role will also be to drive awareness of the BikeShed Membership. This will include capturing experience content and posting on our media channels, ensuring the Digital team have updated information for the Bike Shed Website, communicating any exciting or newsworthy club activity or experience and helping to generate new marketing and PR ideas and opportunities.
The role would suit an experienced motorcycle rider, who enjoys group riding on and off-road, alongside experience in events and/or hospitality.
Applicants should live in or near Los Angeles and be able to work legally in the United States.
- To actively run the BSMC Club and Membership, to promote the company’s values and ensure the brand image is maintained at all times.
- You must understand and absorb the company ethos and immerse yourself in BikeShed life and the local biking culture.
- A good understanding of local bike clubs and biker friendly amenities is important.
- To keep up to date on bike related events and collate a calendar accordingly
- To plan and be present at Club nights, introduce new members to existing members, to promote a club culture and ensure the member club nights and experiences are engaging
- The importance of the upkeep of the members calendar, social media posts is essential.
- To promote and strategies membership growth through in-house events, club nights and digital social media
- To maintain the back office function of the membership platform
- To ensure members information is up to date and correct
- To process and manage membership monthly/yearly subscriptions
- To ensure twice monthly club nights are planned and delivered
- To maintain and update the member’s online calendar to include all motorcycle related events, races, launches and industry news of interest etc
- To post events, stories and industry news within the members only Facebook page and members news letter
- To interact with members only social media pages and ensure posts are relevant and interesting
- To ensure membership communications are sent out twice a month via the email template
- To promote and strategies membership growth through a calendar of varied and interesting experiences
- To understand the importance of the club membership diversity, from personalities, ages and bikes ridden to ensure the experiences offered are all inclusive
- To plan, deliver, take part (when, where and time permitting) in a variety of different experiences
- To use planned and delivered experiences and events to promote membership growth through social media and digital posts
- To negotiate a variety of exciting experiences with external suppliers and the benefits a BikeShed member can enjoy
- To check, inspect and “BikeShed endorse” any external supplier that wants to be associated with the BikeShed or wants to offer the BikeShed membership an experience or event
Sales and Reporting
- You must maintain control of the membership database and report on a weekly basis, new members and any members lost
- Report weekly on total monetary sales taken through membership subscription both monthly and weekly
- Report on end of month total sales and demonstrate a comparison to the previous month/year
- You must, when and where possible report nothing but positive numbers and figures
Apply with your resume and a covering letter, by email, to firstname.lastname@example.org